Facilitating healing, self-empowerment and personal freedom
through honouring your body’s innate wisdom
and inspiring transformation that reflects your true nature
Hello, my name is Tricia and I’m a qualified clinical counsellor, art therapist and body-oriented psychotherapist who is dedicated to supporting individuals to connect to their true nature and experience a deep sense of well-being and enjoy richly fulfilling lives.
Through my personal and professional explorations, I have gained a profound appreciation of the interconnected nature of our mental, emotional, physical and energetic bodies; and how we are impacted by our relationships with one another and our environment.
This has led to my commitment to work holistically in support of the body’s native intelligence coming into balance and harmony, so as to facilitate healing, self-empowerment and transformation that deepens the experience of innate aliveness, freedom and joy.
I adopt a client-centred, trauma-responsive, strengths-based and culturally-sensitive approach, and my style is respectful, compassionate, collaborative and creative. I honour my client’s unique experience and innate capacity to heal and grow, and I create the space for them and their nervous system to do so at their own pace, while supporting them to strengthen their internal and external resources. I invite mindfulness and curiosity in my sessions as we explore the issues collaboratively and creatively, with a focus on my client’s cognitive, emotional and somatic experience during the process.
My intention is to provide a safe therapeutic container for individuals to explore their struggles and expand their connection with different aspects of themselves, to achieve a fuller experience of wholeness, and live a life that they truly desire.
Experience & Focus Areas
With over 12 years of clinical experience counselling children, adolescents and adults in paediatric, educational, mental health and trauma recovery settings; and over twenty years of professional and personal development experience, my skill set has expanded over time and now includes creative/expressive, body-oriented/somatic and sound/frequency therapies.
The modalities I use are informed by leading-edge research and understanding of neuroscience, trauma and attachment, as well as age-old practices based on ancient wisdom that are gaining increasing recognition from emerging scientific explanations. These include humanistic therapies, creative arts therapies, play therapy, and body-centred therapies such as Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Attachment-Focused EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing), Havening Technique, DBR (Deep Brain Reorienting), TRE (Tension & Trauma Release Exercises), and Sound & Frequency Therapy.
My therapeutic work focuses on assisting individuals to heal and transform from trauma (PTSD, Complex Trauma, physical/ sexual/ emotional/ developmental trauma, neglect, early attachment disruptions, shocking/terrifying events), overwhelm/burnout, emotional dysregulation, anxiety, depression, relational issues, disordered eating, self-esteem issues, identity issues, life transitions, grief and loss, and lack of purpose.
I offer therapy sessions for children, adolescents and adults online and in-person in Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia. I would love the opportunity and privilege to work with you or your child.
For enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compassion - Honouring each individual's experiences through recognising and witnessing their difficulties and challenges
- Cultural Humility - Ongoing process of self-reflection with a willingness to learn from others; acknowledging and accepting differences; acknowledging myself as a fellow imperfect human
- Respect - Suspending judgment, accepting all parts, beliefs and values of individuals; adhering to boundaries
- Self-Empowerment - Understanding everyone has the innate capacity to heal and respecting sovereignty
- Alliance - Collaborating with each client in their healing process and responding to their individual needs
- Holism - Recognising the interconnectedness of mind, body and spirit, and working with the whole person
- Presence - Engaging with each client in a deeply attuned manner
- Creativity - Harnessing individual creativity and using various pathways for healing
- Curiosity - Keeping an open mind and letting go of assumptions and expectations
- Professional responsibility - Undertaking regular supervision, professional and personal development to continuously expand my knowledge and capacity, and refine my skills.
Qualifications & Training
- Master of Art Therapy - La Trobe University
- Master of Social Science (Counselling) - Swinburne University of Technology
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) - James Cook University
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy (Level 1 - Treatment of Trauma, Level 2 - Treatment of Developmental Injury), assisted in Level 1 & 2 trainings - Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute
- EMDR Basic Training Program (Levels 1 & 2) - Dr Sarah Schubert & Pamela Brown
- Attachment-Focused EMDR for Healing Relational Trauma and Adults Abused in Childhood - Dr Laurel Parnell
- Deep Brain Reorienting (DBR) in Trauma, Dissociative & Personality Disorders (Levels 1-3) - Dr Frank Corrigan
- Havening Techniques Training - Louise Carmi & Donna Ryen
- Tension & Trauma Release Exercises (TRE) (Modules 1 & 2) - Richmond Heath from TRE Australia
- Theraplay (Level 1) - Kate Lewer & Dr Alison Saxton
- Peter Hess Sound Massage (Levels 1 & 2) - Alex Andrzejewski & Janusz Urzykowski from Peter Hess Academy Australia
- Foundations of Integral Sound Healing (Level 1) - Sound Healing Academy
The Wild Woman's Circle Teacher Training - Michaela Boehm & Steve James
The Non-Linear Movement Method Teacher Training - Michaela Boehm & Steve James
- Natural Success Curriculum & Advanced Trainings (Create Your Destiny, Alchemy for Success, Creative Warrior, Mastery) - William Whitecloud from Natural Success
- Shamanic Magician Foundations (Spirit Journey, Spirit Animals, Spirit Allies & Mythical Creatures, Pendulum) - Joseph Callender from Shamanic Energy Training
- Spiritual Foundations Mentoring, Sacred Space Weaver, The Galactic Coven Mentoring - Sharon Bolt from The Temple of Shamanic Magick
- NDIS (plan- or self-managed participants)
- NSW Victim Services
- Private Health Funds - Medibank, ahm, BUPA, ARHG (St Luke's Health, Police Health, GMHBA, Westfund, Emergency Services Health, Phoenix Health, CUA Health, AIA Health and Teachers Union Health)
Mental Health Care Plan sessions are not available as qualified counsellors and psychotherapists are currently not included in Medicare's Better Access Scheme.
For enquiries, please email email@example.com