e v o l v e c o u n s e l l i n g & t h e r a p i e s
“We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly.
We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm, childish in another.
The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present.
We are made up of layers, cells, constellations.”
― Anais Nin
Tricia Ang | BA Psych, MSocSci Counselling, MAT | PACFA, EMDRAA
Tricia is a qualified art therapist and body-oriented psychotherapist who is dedicated to facilitating individuals to experience a deep sense of well-being and live a fulfilling life through personal empowerment. She has over eleven years of clinical experience working with children, adolescents and adults in paediatric, educational, mental health and trauma recovery settings. Her approach is client-centred, culturally-sensitive, trauma-responsive, and strengths-based. She is committed to working holistically, and integrates talk, expressive, somatic and energy therapies in her work.
These include humanistic therapies, creative arts therapies, play therapy, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing), Havening Technique, TRE (Tension & Trauma Release Exercises), and Sound & Frequency Therapy. She specialises in assisting individuals to heal from trauma (PTSD, Complex PTSD, physical/ sexual/ emotional/ developmental trauma, early attachment disruptions, shocking/terrifying events), overwhelm/burnout, emotional dysregulation, anxiety, depression, relational issues, disordered eating, self-esteem issues, identity issues, life transitions, and grief and loss. She offers sessions for children, adolescents and adults online and in-person in Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia;.
- Compassion - Honouring each individual's experiences through recognising and witnessing their difficulties and challenges
- Humility - Acknowledging myself as a fellow imperfect human
- Respect - Suspending judgment, accepting all parts and responses of individuals, and adhering to boundaries
- Empowerment - Understanding everyone has the innate capacity to heal and enabling sovereignty
- Alliance - Collaborating with my client in their healing process
- Holism - Recognising the interconnectedness of mind, body and spirit, and working with the whole person in mind
- Presence - Engaging with my client in a deeply attuned manner
- Creativity - Harnessing individuals' creativity and using various pathways for healing
- Flexibility - Allowing flow in the process to meet client's needs
- Professional responsibility - Undertaking regular supervision, professional and personal development to continuously expand my knowledge and capacity, and refine my skills.
- Master of Art Therapy
- Master of Social Science (Counselling)
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy (Levels 1 & 2), currently assisting a Level 2 training
- EMDR Basic Training Program (Levels 1 & 2)
- Havening Techniques Training
- TRE (Modules 1 & 2)
- Theraplay (Level 1)
- Peter Hess Sound Massage (Levels 1 & 2)
- Sacred Space Weaver (sacred space holding)
For enquiries, please email [email protected].