Facilitating healing, self-empowerment and personal freedom
through honouring your body’s innate wisdom
and inspiring transformation that reflects your true nature
Tricia Ang | BA Psych, MSocSci Counselling, MAT | PACFA, EMDRAA
Hello, my name is Tricia and I’m a qualified clinical counsellor, art therapist and body-oriented psychotherapist who is dedicated to supporting individuals to connect to their true nature and experience a deep sense of well-being and enjoy fulfilling lives.
Through my personal and professional explorations, I have gained a profound appreciation of the interconnected nature of our mental, emotional, physical and energetic bodies; and how we are impacted by our relationships with one another and our environment.
As such, I am committed to working holistically to support your body’s native intelligence to come into balance and harmony, to facilitate healing, self-empowerment and transformation that deepens your experience of innate aliveness, freedom and joy.
My intention is to provide a safe therapeutic container for you to explore and deepen your connection with different aspects of yourself, towards the end result of a fuller experience of your wholeness, and of living a life that you truly desire.
Experience & Specialisation
With over eleven years of clinical experience counselling children, adolescents and adults in paediatric, educational, mental health and trauma recovery settings; and over twenty years of professional and personal development experience, my skill set has expanded over time and now includes creative/expressive, body-oriented/somatic and sound/frequency therapies.
The modalities I use are informed by leading-edge research and understanding of trauma and early attachment disruptions, as well as age-old practices based on ancient wisdom that are gaining increasing recognition from emerging scientific explanations. These include humanistic therapies, creative arts therapies, play therapy, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing), Havening Technique, TRE (Tension & Trauma Release Exercises), and Sound & Frequency Therapy.
I specialise in assisting individuals to heal from trauma (PTSD, Complex PTSD, physical/ sexual/ emotional/ developmental trauma, early attachment disruptions, shocking/terrifying events), overwhelm/burnout, emotional dysregulation, anxiety, depression, relational issues, disordered eating, self-esteem issues, identity issues, life transitions, and grief and loss.
I offer therapy sessions for children, adolescents and adults online and in-person in Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia. I would love the opportunity and privilege to work with you or your child.
For enquiries, please email email@example.com
- Compassion - Honouring each individual's experiences through recognising and witnessing their difficulties and challenges
- Cultural Humility - Ongoing process of self-reflection with a willingness to learn from others; acknowledging and accepting differences; acknowledging myself as a fellow imperfect human
- Respect - Suspending judgment, accepting all parts, beliefs and values of individuals; adhering to boundaries
- Self-Empowerment - Understanding everyone has the innate capacity to heal and respecting sovereignty
- Alliance - Collaborating with each client in their healing process and responding to their individual needs
- Holism - Recognising the interconnectedness of mind, body and spirit, and working with the whole person
- Presence - Engaging with each client in a deeply attuned manner
- Creativity - Harnessing individual creativity and using various pathways for healing
- Curiosity - Keeping an open mind and letting go of assumptions and expectations
- Professional responsibility - Undertaking regular supervision, professional and personal development to continuously expand my knowledge and capacity, and refine my skills.
Qualifications & Training
- Master of Art Therapy - La Trobe University
- Master of Social Science (Counselling) - Swinburne University of Technology
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) - James Cook University
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy (Levels 1 & 2), assisted in Level 1 & 2 trainings - Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute
- EMDR Basic Training Program (Levels 1 & 2) - Dr Sarah Schubert from Psychology Training
- Havening Techniques Training - Louise Carmi & Donna Ryen
- TRE (Modules 1 & 2) - Richmond Heath from TRE Australia
- Theraplay (Level 1) - Theraplay Australia
- Peter Hess Sound Massage (Levels 1 & 2) - Sound Massage Australia
- Foundations of Integral Sound Healing (Level 1) - Sound Healing Academy
The Wild Woman's Circle Teacher Training - Michaela Boehm & Steve James
The Non-Linear Movement Method Teacher Training - Michaela Boehm & Steve James
- Natural Success Curriculum & Advanced Trainings (Create Your Destiny, Alchemy for Success, Creative Warrior, Mastery) - William Whitecloud from Natural Success
- Shamanic Magician Foundations (Spirit Journey, Spirit Animals, Spirit Allies & Mythical Creatures, Pendulum) - Joseph Callender from Shamanic Energy Training
- Spiritual Foundations Mentoring, Sacred Space Weaver, The Galactic Coven Mentoring (ongoing) - Sharon Bolt from The Temple of Shamanic Magick
- NDIS (plan- or self-managed participants)
- Victim Services
- Private Health Cover - Medibank, ahm, BUPA, ARHG (Police Health, St Luke's Health, CUA Health, Phoenix Health Fund, and Emergency Services)
Mental Health Care Plan sessions are not available as qualified counsellors and psychotherapists are currently not included in Medicare's Better Access Scheme.
For enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
I acknowledge the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and recognise their continuing connection to lands, waters and communities. I pay my respects to their Elders past and present, and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Copyright © 2023. Evolve Counselling & Therapies. All Rights Reserved.